Just add a skirt

2:20 PM

My daughter desperately needed some new dresses for springtime. Some with long, and some with short sleeves. While I still love sewing with woven fabrics, knits are still undeniably the best choice for comfortable dresses that can be worn at school and for playtime.


I needed many dresses in a short time, so I took a t-shirt pattern (at the moment, my favourite basic pattern for knit dresses is the Spin dress by Madeit, but I used the Rowan Tee by Titchy Threads for the same purpose for a long time and it works well, as any other tee pattern), and added a skirt on it. For the fabric I've chosen a butterfly print knit, kindly sent by Nosh. I've got a crush on all organic Nosh fabrics.


The Spin dress pattern includes a full circle skirt (see my version here), but it's extremely easy to replace it with a gathered skirt. I just cut two squares, about two times larger than the front waistline, round the corners near the hips, and gather the upper side. This time, I've added two rows of gatherings, to get a gipsy style.


This knit fabric is a beautiful 100% organic flamé cotton, called Perhonen Flamé, Blue - Navy
with a nice wavey texture. It contains no elastane, but it's still stretchy enough to be snug and comfortable.


It's a perfect everyday dress for my daughter. I'd love to sew it again, maybe with an even longer skirt. Can you imagine it with this beauty from the new NOSH fabrics collection?


In co-operation with NOSH

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Lovely colorful dress. looks so wonderful. We have a great collection of African fabrics. Various color and best quality at lowest price. For whole sell price Visit us, hope you guys love them.
    African Fabrics
    Wholesale African Fabrics
    African Prints
    GUIPURE LACE
    Sequin Fabrics, Whole sell Sequin
    SWISS VOILE LACE

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pinterest

Subscribe